Faculty and Student Responsibilities
The following are the Faculty Responsibilities and Student Responsibilities published in the AACSB Standards for Business Accreditation. A link to the entire
set of standards can be found at www.aacsb.edu/accreditation/standards.asp.
- Operate with integrity in their dealings with students and colleagues.
- Keep their own knowledge current with the continuing development of their teaching disciplines.
- Actively involve students in the learning process.
- Encourage collaboration and cooperation among participants.
- Ensure frequent, prompt feedback on student performance.
- Operate with integrity in their dealings with faculty and other students.
- Engage the learning materials with appropriate attention and dedication.
- Maintain their engagement when challenged by difficult learning activities.
- Contribute to the learning of others.
- Perform to standards set by the faculty.
The business school's faculty in aggregate, its faculty subunits, and individual faculty, administrators,
and staff share responsibility to:
- Ensure adequate time is devoted to learning activities for all faculty members and students.
- Ensure adequate student-faculty contact across the learning experiences.
- Set high expectations for academic achievement and provide leadership toward those expectations.
- Evaluate instructional effectiveness and overall student achievement.
- Continuously improve instructional programs.
- Innovate in instructional processes.