Applicants should submit the following in order to be considered for admission to the MBA Program:
- Online Application for Admission into a Graduate Degree Program:
Apply Online >>
- Official transcript from an accredited institution demonstrating completion of a four-year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent in the
case of an international institution) and official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. Official transcripts for degrees
earned at UTEP are not required.*
- Statement of Purpose, not to exceed one page, which may include a description of the applicant's professional experience,
educational background, career goals and/or socio-economic background.**
- Two letters of reference from professional and/or academic sources.** (In the EMBA, one letter of
support from current employer required.)
- GMAT score required for AMBA and Full-Time MBA.* Applicants who submit a transcript demonstrating a conferred graduate degree may request a GMAT waiver. Applicants with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.75 or better from UTEP or a comparably accredited University may request a GMAT waiver.
- TOEFL score of at least 250/600 (for international students)*
- AMBA applicants must have at least one year of professional work experience.
- EMBA applicants must demonstrate at least 8 years of managerial experience.
- International students must complete all additional steps listed on the International Student Checklist (PDF).
* Unofficial scores and transcripts can be uploaded to the online application. Official scores
and transcripts must be received by the Graduate School prior to enrollment.
** These application documents can be uploaded to the online application.
Applicants must submit all of the materials listed above before an admission
decision can be made.
To schedule an appointment to take the GMAT exam, please go to:
The GMAT exam is administered in El Paso by Pearson Professional Center at 4110 Rio Bravo Suite 222.