The UTEP MBA Program offers an Accelerated MBA (AMBA)—a fast-track, cohort style MBA option that combines quality, convenience, and affordability for
the region’s working professionals. Through the AMBA, students can complete their UTEP MBA degree in just two years by attending class twice a week at the
UTEP Graduate Business Center in downtown El Paso.
Accelerated MBA Features
- Designed for highly motivated professionals from a wide-range of backgrounds including healthcare, engineering, education, government, and business.
- UTEP College of Business Administration faculty use a variety of instructional formats including the
case method and class projects to demonstrate
- AMBA students benefit from the networking, team-building, and synergies created by progressing through the entire curriculum as a cohort.
- AMBA classes enjoy catered meals and other time-saving extras.
- Earn your MBA in the same time it would take a fulltime MBA student.
The 48 credit hour curriculum is taken one course at a time in 6 week modules. The curriculum immerses students in broad-based business management
principles within the context of contemporary issues such as globalization, competing technologies, ethics and diversity.
It includes the following courses:
Accounting for Management
Effective Management of Human Resources
Concepts of Production Management
Organizational Management Seminar
Management Strategy and Policy
Quantitative Methods in Business
Business Law and Ethics
Three Electives in Concentration Area
Two MBA Free Electives
MBA Concentration Areas (9 semester hours)
- Business Informatics for Healthcare (online only)
- International Business
- Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management
Class Format and Meeting Schedule
The AMBA program will launch one cohort (35-40 students) every fall and spring semester. Students take one class every six weeks—three courses in the
fall and spring semesters and two courses in the summer. Classes are held at the UTEP Graduate Business Center campus located in Downtown El Paso.
Students entering the program during the Fall semester will join a cohort that will meet on Tuesday evenings from 5:30pm – 9:30pm and Saturday mornings from 8:00am - 12:00pm for the entirety of their program.
Students entering the program during the Spring semester will join a cohort that will meet on Monday and Thursday evenings from 5:30pm – 9:30pm for the entirety of their program.
MBA Program Earns International Ranking
Admission to the Accelerated MBA Program
|Accelerated MBA Application Deadlines|
|Fall US Applicants
|Fall Mexican Citizens
|Fall International Non-Mexican
|Spring US Applicants
|Spring Mexican Citizens
|Spring International Non-Mexican
- Applications must be complete in order to receive an admission recommendation. Applications are considered
on a rolling basis. Early submissions are encouraged.
- Late applications will be accepted and evaluated as quickly as possible. However, admission recommendations cannot be guaranteed before the program
Applicants should submit the following in order to be considered for admission to the Accelerated MBA Program:
- Online Application for Admission into a Graduate Degree Program:
Apply Online >>
- Official transcript from an accredited institution demonstrating completion of a four-year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent in the
case of an international institution) and official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. Official transcripts for degrees
earned at UTEP are not required.*
- Statement of Purpose, not to exceed one page, which may include a description of the applicant's professional experience,
educational background, career goals and/or socio-economic background.**
- Two letters of reference from professional and/or academic sources.**
- GMAT score* * Applicants who submit a transcript demonstrating a conferred graduate degree may request a GMAT waiver. Applicants with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.75 or better from UTEP or a comparably accredited University may request a GMAT waiver.
- AMBA applicants must have at least one year of professional work experience.
- International applicants whose undergraduate degree was delivered in a language other than English are required to submit TOEFL scores of
at least 250/600.
- Applicants may be interviewed by MBA Program staff as part of the evaluation process.
- International students must complete all additional steps listed on the International Student Checklist (PDF).
* Unofficial scores and transcripts can be uploaded to the online application. Official scores
and transcripts must be received by the Graduate School prior to enrollment.
** These application documents can be uploaded to the online application.
Applicants must submit all of the materials listed above before an admission
decision can be made.
Estimated Tuition & Fees
In State: $1,377.10 per three credit course, for a nine credit hour load; $22,033 for the 48 credit-hour program.
Out of State: $2354.71 per three credit course, for a nine credit hour load; $37,666.67 for the 48 credit-hour program.
Based on in-state Fall 2015 tuition and fees. Every effort was made to provide accurate and up to date information. Terms and conditions are subject to change at the University’s discretion.